The GST Council met for the 35th time on 21 June 2019. Here are the key decisions taken
- New GST forms ANX-01, ANX-02 etc. shall be introduced in a phased manner. GSTR-3B shall be phased out from January 2020.
- AADHAR can now be used as proof for obtaining GST registration. This will further simply the registration process.
- Provisions vis-a-vis “Anti-profiteering” have been extended for 2 more years. The penalty for anti-profiteering has been increased from Rs. 25,000 to 10% of the the profiteered amount.
- Due date for filing annual returns for 2017-18 in GSTR-9 / 9A & audit certificate in 9-C has been extended by 2 months to 31 August 2019.
- Effective 21 August 2019, non-filing GST returns for 2 consecutive months shall result in blocking of e-way bills (extended from 21 June 2019)
The full press release can be read belowPress Information Bureau-GST